News from University Chronicle
<p?Sustainable Brands® recently announced program details for the upcoming conference, SB’17 Copenhagen, running October 30th – November 1st at the Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel in Copenhagen, Denmark. Over 450 brand and sustainability leaders are expected to gather and collaborate on how redefined societal aspirations are transforming the ways brands deliver value for their customers
Over 100 global thought leaders and cutting-edge practitioners of environmental and social innovation will present inspirational keynotes, host discussion sessions, provide content-rich resources for deep dive breakouts, and facilitate networking activities. Select program highlights include:
- Kaj Török, CRO and CSO of Max Burgers will expand on the business case around healthy, sustainable products.
- Aniela Unguresan, Co-Founder of Economic Dividends for Gender Equality (EDGE) Certified Foundation, will share why gender equality is critical for a thriving business and methods for analyzing if your business is on bar.
- Filip Engel, Director, Group Sustainability, Public Affairs & Branding at DONG Energy, will reveal how a leading brand can undergo organizational and brand reinvention.
- Nour Tayara, Assistant Vice President of Marketing at L’Oreal, will reveal strategies for holistically reinventing supply chains.
- Vanessa Rothschild, Sustainability Business Controller at H&M, will share the strategy that provided the backbone for H&M’s ClimatePositive initiative.
- Chris Grantham, Circular Economy Portfolio Director at IDEO, will explain how to design in a way that regenerates and adds to Earth’s resources, rather than detracting from it.
- Loa Dalgaard Worm, Director of the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) Denmark, will share groundbreaking new research on successfully engaging consumers in SDG goals and key business metrics.
- Nikolaus Raupp, Global Sustainability Manager Dispersions & Pigments at BASF, will lead a deep dive studio on a scalable and holistic approach to changing product composition from the first instance of production.
- Leith Sharp, Director of Executive Education for Sustainability at Harvard University, along with the London School of Economics and the World Bank, will explore the business imperative of purpose-driven leadership and organizational design.
“Today’s consumers are demanding more from the brands they support; they understand that what they buy matters, not just to themselves and their families, but to their communities, society and the planet,” states KoAnn Vikoren Skrzyniarz, Founder of Sustainable Brands. “For brands to remain competitive, they must evolve with this new generation of consumers. SB’17 Copenhagen is an opportunity for smart brands to find new frameworks, tools and partnerships to ensure purpose-driven brands outperform traditional brands in delivering tangible business results.”
Sustainable Brands is proud to recognize BASF and DONG Energy as a Major Sponsors for SB’17 Copenhagen. Supporting sponsors include Nature Bank, South Pole Group and Trucost. Additional sponsors and partners include: Ecosphere+, CSR.dk, SustMeme, D&AD, The Sustainability Consortium, SustainAbility, Terracycle, essensus, Forum for the Future, among others.
For further information on the conference program, a complete list of confirmed speakers and sponsors or available sponsorship opportunities, please visit the conference website at www.SB17Copenhagen.com. Sponsor and partner opportunities are still available for companies with breakthrough ideas, tools and technologies that support business success in sustainability. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 415.626.2212.
About Sustainable Brands
Sustainable Brands® is the premier global community of brand innovators who are shaping the future of commerce worldwide. Since 2006, our mission has been to inspire, engage and equip today’s business and brand leaders to prosper for the near and long term by leading the way to a better future. Digitally published news articles and issues-focused conversation topics, internationally known conferences and regional events, a robust e-learning library and peer-to-peer membership groups all facilitate community learning and engagement throughout the year. Sustainable Brands is hosted by Sustainable Brands Worldwide, a division of Sustainable Life Media headquartered in San Francisco, CA.