- This event has passed.
Sustainable Landscapes Conference
November 6, 2018 - November 7, 2018
Land, Forests, Farmers, Livelihoods: How Business Can Manage Risk, Improve Relationships And Drive Resilience In Agricultural Supply Chains
This forum will bring together each of the key themes and players from our previous events on smallholder farmer resilience, deforestation and sustainable agriculture. The Sustainable Landscapes Conference will tackle the biggest issues faced by business in creating a net positive impact and ensuring sustainable and resilient agricultural supply chains.
Land: This track will highlight leading sustainable agriculture practices and explore initiatives driving climate resilience within supply chains
Forests: This track will break down the challenges faced in removing deforestation from company supply chains, and look at the steps necessary for business to reach 2020 targets
Farmers: This track will look at the role of business in building resilience in smallholder supply chains and assess the future of smallholder farming as a viable business model
Tech & Innovation: This track will explore the latest innovations and solutions in agri-tech and how can these be leveraged effectively to build sustainable landscapes
- Landscape approach: Key stakeholder groups will come together to discuss how the landscape approach will evolve over the next 5 years
- How is the agriculture market dynamic changing? How are changes in market structure, sourcing trends and power likely to impact agricultural supply chains
- Financial and legal risk in illegal commodities: Why big banks should engage beyond simple policies in hot button issues and a look at what good engagement in financing sustainable commodities look like in practice
- Landscape and land restoration: The possibilities for reforestation, land rehabilitation and what it means for climate change, offsets and re-invigorating nature
- Smallholder faming: How business can empower farmers and build resilience across smallholder supply chains
- Tackling deforestation: Why companies are not reaching their 2020 zero-deforestation targets and how to correctly implement deforestation policies
- The future of certification: Is certification still credible without key stakeholders at the table?
- Blockchain, satellite imaging and precision agriculture: What are the latest tech and innovation solutions on the market and how can these be leveraged effectively
- Corruption: The evolving role of business in tackling corruption across agricultural supply chains and how to tackle illegal deforestation by communities and smallholders
- Enhancing climate resilience: How can business guarantee food security and help build resilience to the effects of climate change