… can communicate efficiently and effectively with suppliers using TSC tools. By asking category-specific questions and tracking supplier performance using our KPIs, they can track improvements and comparisons over time between suppliers.
TSC drives positive environmental and social change within the consumer goods industry. We were created in 2009 as a response to companies and organizations all over the world feeling pressure to reduce their environmental and social impacts associated with global consumption.
TSC’s impact follows our mission to create more sustainable products for a sustainable planet. This is our long term goal – to create a planet where the resources we use to create the products we consume have a neutral effect on our world.
What Drives Us
- Desire for product transparency and increasing demand for responsible products
- Confusion on what constitutes a sustainable product
- Proliferation of eco-labels and increase in green washing
- No set standard for suppliers to measure the sustainability of products throughout the life cycle
- No set standard for suppliers to report measurements to their customers
- Lack of data and traceability of system inputs and outputs and their implications
- Shifts in resource pools and resource usability
- Unrealized potential in efficiency and economic value
- Existing and developing regulations for communication and labeling
- Lack of a harmonized approach in a world of multi-national companies
- Need to evaluate the benefits and unintended consequences of new regulations
- Incentives and policies that promote safe and responsible innovations and strategies
- Need to better understand resource availability and social and environmental impacts over time
- Evaluating the benefits to environmental, economic and social imperatives resulting from measuring and reporting product sustainability
- Understanding how professional buyers and consumers evaluate and respond to products and communication efforts
- Need for scientifically grounded and transparent data and methodologies